Virtual Health SHED was setup by two directors with experience of working in academia, healthcare and industry to develop digital tools for patient information and clinical training.
We design projects for an international and multi-lingual audience, with experience of healthcare systems in many countries.
What we offer
We manage the full project lifecycle to produce
- Simulations for clinicians and patients using virtual reality
- Health information for patients
- Educate clinical professionals via online training and accreditation
- Develop native iOS and Android ‘apps’ with augmented reality and artificial intelligence
The two directors have worked with/in the NHS, Academia, Pharmaceutical Industry & regulatory bodies to deliver high impact, innovative digital resources for the public and healthcare staff.
What is different?
We offer a complete solution for healthcare providers wishing to use digital tools to communicate with the public and with their workforce.
We are not just a digital company or a consultancy service.
- works with patients and clinicians to develop a product around their activity, expectations and behaviour
- understands both your clinical and technical needs for a health campaign and can adjust to your needs over time using digital solutions
- uses our ‘turn-key’ digital apps and web-based training solutions for fast results for your project
- uses some of the latest innovations in digital, such as augmented reality and virtual reality
- links with academia and research with options to include academic evaluation to measure and publish the impact of your project
Before we start any project, we will work with you to understand what type of digital media is best matched. We have experience developing with a number of digital technologies to apply to your project, such as using simulation using avatars for patient information.
Who are we?
Stephen Chapman is Professor of Prescribing Studies and was Head of Medicines Optimisation in the School of Pharmacy at Keele University. He has provided the academic lead on issues such as implementing evidence based medicine, prescribing databases and health service prescribing policies and a prescribing advice to Clinical Commissions Groups in the West Midlands. Steve was until recently, a member of the Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority’s Appeal Board, and the RPS Education Expert Advisory Panel.
Luke develops mobile apps, virtual reality and augmented reality digital resources for health. His work to develop a learning system for health students at Keele University was recently “Highly Commended” at Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards 2018 for the Outstanding Digital Innovation of the Year category.
He is now working for the Digital Inclusion Programme for North Staffordshire, funded by NHS England to create patient information resources for voice activated assistants (e.g. Alexa), smartphones and tablets.
As a Director for the Virtual Health SHED, he leads on projects working to create innovative digital solutions for patient information and clinical training.